Thursday 12 September 2013

p.Journey to the Land of Crescent Lake

The last part is here:   早知今日事, 悔不慎当初。

The white crane perched sexily across the window sill this morning asked, "Why are you so interested to play with Lotus and Chrysanthemum all these while. Shouldn't you concentrate on the winter battle at hand?" I replied, "Since winter is still several months away, I should be well-prepared by then."

The white crane said, "The oak leaves have already turned orange. The autumn is here. Winter is but a stone throw away. The resources are gathering. So go and gather your chariots immediately and move to contact the east. When the time comes, these resources would be used for the assault of the Land of Crescent Lake."

I asked, "Shouldn't I be prepared for the assault of the Land of wicked Waterfall and go straight for the water resource instead." The white crane stretched herself to a full height and bore down on me and said, "The battle of the Land of wicked Waterfall is not nigh. You will need huge resources to assault it. Its timing must be immaculate."

I inquired, "The Land of the Crescent Lake is a huge battle. The largest battle yet. The ogres guarding it are ferocious and they don't admit foreigners. I can't even deploy spies. I have to take it only by brute-force. It is going to be an expensive war of attrition. Can I afford such a price?"

The white crane then casually replied, "Not only will this battle be terribly fought, you would also be mortally injured at the battle. But then, I might be kind enough to save you from total loss."

I swallowed hard and asked urgently, "Since it is so difficult, will I then survive the battle? Why don't I don't start the battle if at all."

She replied again in the same sardonic tone, "This battle is important as the victory of it will ensure the critical link needed to support your empire building. Japan and Germany had to start world wars in order to expand. USA has to keep starting wars to keep her people quiet. To survive, you have to continually expand. The moment you stop, you will die. Of course, all things said, it will still depend on how well you treat me from now to the battle royal. I will instruct you to expand at the correct pace and in good time."

I immediately responded by pulling her close to me and whispered a lie, "Lotus and Chrysanthemum are just my play-mates. I was never serious about them, ever since I had you."

The white crane gave me a wicked smile and said, "You might win the day again then. My Love."

Sigh ... I wondered to myself. Women are so easily satisfied with white lies. OR are they intentionally acting stupid in front of their man. Well ... I am going to miss the bosoms of my fair ladies for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment