Monday 24 February 2014

g.Searching for a mate

The last part is here:   衣锦还乡

These few days brought the rarest snow to this white land. It has been snowing non-stopped. To snow at this time is like 六月飞霜. Something bad is going to happen to me.

True enough. My friend just spoken to me and professed that she lobe me deep deep. I swallowed hard. Not again. She said that she intends to settle down in white land permanently. She said in exchange for that, she will cook and care for me. I smiled. Why does this sounded so familiar, almost an worn record repeats itself every few years.

Two things can happen:
  • She keeps me as her pet.   This, my dear, cannot really happen. She is not rich enough to keep me. I am rather high maintenance and have strange habits such as going to funny places for holidays.    
  • I keep her as a pet.   This I presume shall start as trivially as having a good afternoon restaurant lunch and she will just ask me to pay as she has forgotten to bring her purse. 
When I was conducting this convo, Chrysanthemum was lying carelessly beside me and listening intendly to every minute detail of the convo. Gals are like cats, so very curious about possible competition.

Immediately after the convo, Chrysanthemum pounded on me asking for my decision. I just lied that I am going ahead with the plan to "help" a friend.

Chrysanthemum turned in her most glittering inverted doe-eyed look and exclaimed that, "Dear, you can't do that! This is very dangerous." I asked, "Why?"

She replied, "What happen shortly after she settled in, she would ask you to fetch her a towel, while keeping the bathroom door ajar." Such imagination.

I said I wouldn't be interested. Chrysanthemum was adament that no guys can resist free stuff. But, I told her I am not that guy. I prized my sperms.

Throughout the settlement convo, Chrysanthemum showed a rare sadness enveloping her entirely. That's when I decided to give her a little comfort. I told her that I am not a wicked guy. I don't toy gals' feelings.

It is crazy that in this age and time, all kinds of gals wanted to stay clear of that fucken little island at all cost. These gals are never stupid. Not at all. Love is never on their mind, it is just a pretext to get what they needed most, a passport out of that fucken little island.

With the world in doldrums, it is hardly surprising.

Just the other day, I went downtown to look at some stuff. Half the second floor of a very popular shopping mall was unoccupied. Even Chinatown was having greater number of shops unoccupied. Unless the government-of-the-day does something real soon. The city is indeed falling apart.

2 comments:

  1. I see 六月飞霜 as the opposite -- the wrong that was already done is being corrected/balanced out. Neither positive nor negative.

    Anyway, here are some Youtube videos from a climate researcher, Jennifer Francis regarding the climate change that brings such strange weather conditions.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nzwJg4Ebzo (Feb 26, 2013. 5min excerpt)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY0RdXmLGdU (June 6, 2013. 30min Just Jennifer Francis)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-RDE7z2T0k (June 6, 2013. 1h23min Entire presentation including various climate researchers)

    Back to love, I totally agree with you that it is hard to find genuine love sometimes. I've met a few folks here who, once they learn that I was from Singapore, seem "suddenly interested" and ask questions (which hints that they think I'm freaking rich since Singapore is a wealthy country, when in reality I'm not). Thankfully, my fiance seems ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Winking Doll,

    Sorry for the late response. Been away on sabbatical.

    You are blessed with good fortune henceforth. I am sure you are rewarded for your straightness.

    Sadly, that fuckened little island has lost her marbles. Too many valuable brains have left the island. What remains are only those fuckens who sue for fun and entertainment. These fuckens are clueless that one day too, they will also be fuckened when there are no more people for them to exploit. In tight spaces, even the most honest person will corrupt his scruples. What you get finally is a mixed soup of very vicious ingredients.

    Money is not a measure of wealth.

    ReplyDelete