Thursday 13 June 2013

b.Passion business II - 冬虫草

b.Passion business II - Ginseng / Deer velvet (as a)
Recap: 人参、 鹿茸、燕窝、魚翅、花膠(肚)、灵芝、冬虫草、中黄、羚羊角、珍珠、鲍鱼、海参、各种中药材 (in order of importance). 冬虫草 (cordyceps) is number 7 baby. youtube:   interesting cordyceps fungi

魚翅、花膠(肚) are hard to come by as they can only be fished. Soon they would also be out-fished. So I have no access to these sources.

I don't yet know if I can plant such an animal at my place. I will have to explore further.

Cordyceps is a fungus that lives on certain caterpillars in the high mountain regions of China. Supplement makers are able to get enough of the product to sell because cordyceps will reproduce in the laboratory. Cordyceps is used to treat coughs, chronic bronchitis, respiratory disorders, kidney disorders, nighttime urination, male sexual problems, anemia, irregular heartbeat, high cholesterol, liver disorders, dizziness, weakness, ringing in the ears, unwanted weight loss, and opiumaddiction. It is also used for strengthening the immune system, improving athletic performance, reducing the effects of aging, promoting longer life, and improving liver function in people with hepatitis B. Some people use cordyceps as a stimulant, a tonic, and an “adaptogen,” which is used to increase energy, enhance stamina, and reduce fatigue.

But life is currently treating me well. As I was busy playing with the winery license, contacts came fast and furious. Contacts beget contacts. They now knew that I am trying my luck on a winery license. They immediately started to invite me into their homes for dinners and drinks. Great authentic food from their original home countries.

One of the dinners entailed this contact who claimed that he is currently planting lots of cordyceps in the highlands of Himalayas (first recorded as yartsa gunbu in Tibet in the 15th century and known as yarsha gumba in Nepalese and "caterpillar fungus" in English). Wow ... I now have a solid source.

He is travelling back to his Himalayas home to conduct the price and quality check for me some time later in July this year.

I am not keen to be just a trader, but I only got 2 hands. So some of the items have to be traded first.
Yes. You guess it right. The firsts of the baby boomers (1946-1965) are retiring. They have fucking huge sums of monies to spray. They need wellness, i.e., they scare to die. They want to extend their lives. So ... they will pay loads to get their act together, especially those who have been drinking toilet water for god knows how long.

Supply the rich uncles' demand.

No comments:

Post a Comment