Sunday 2 June 2013

b.Passion Business I - My first Humble Step

The stakes in the pineapple wine has gone up by a notch - b.Passion business I - The Way.

The pineapple wine must now is given no water and only pure honey as sugar additive. Most well-ripened pineapples have a specific gravity of about 1.045. So I have added honey to shore up the specific gravity to 1.12 for a 12% alcohol content. I may later add more sugar. I didn't bother about pH as I have tasted the pineapples, they were reasonably ripe.

I have added no saccharomyces yeast to jump start the wine must. I am allowing the natural wild yeast to take foothold on the must first. Maybe on the third day, I will add in the commercial saccharomyces yeast. Saccharomyces yeast are known to tolerate up to 17% alcoholic content before dying. A good mix. Saccharomyces yeast although great alcohol-producer, are poor body-producer.

The cost of production has gone up by a huge percentage, as no mineral water added nor white sugar used.

The smell so far is marvellous with lots of wild flower smell. A little weedy too. So far, if this aroma stays, we will have a good production.

Project Update
(1)   The land has already been purchased and the boundaries cleared.

3 comments:

  1. I made pineapple enzymes before by using pineapple and sugar. The result was a very sweet liquid that taste like wine because of the fermentation. But it isn't considered wine because I doubt there is alcohol content in it.

    I used 片糖.

    Thanks for sharing these. Looking forward to more details of your project

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sir for visiting.

    It's always good to experiment. One would never know the outcome unless one tries.

    The project is commercial in nature. The capital outlay however is not too huge. So it is bearable for poor bastards like me.

    Business is actually quite easy once you know how to go about one.

    I will be writing up some more on this issue so that we can all learn to fight effectively in white land.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for lighting the path with guiding light in which I will inevitably walk in the future.

    ReplyDelete