Monday 24 June 2013

b.Philosophy - The highest form of Thinking

The last part is here:   Philosophy of Business

Today, I meet an interesting guy, a taxi driver. He told me that he came from black land to white land 5 years ago. He is happy to be in white land. He puts his two daughters to college. So I tested him. What was his profession before he came over. He replied he was a senior partner in a law firm. I said since you are doing so well back in black land, why do you need to come to white land? He said it was indeed a mistake. He was conned by the glitter of the white land. If he has stayed back in black land, he would be extremely comfortable. But, he may not be able to afford the great education that the two daughters are now having. Win some, lose some. There are at least millions of lawyers in black land and he was deadly competitive at the very least. His wife influenced him and here he arrived. Then I asked again why don't he try to get back to his former profession. He told me that he can't. The re-education profession program costs too much and takes at least 5-7 years. The family needs to eat in the mean while. I see. So what must you do then? He said he has no choice but to become a taxi driver. At least it starts to pay bills. Slowly his bitterness showed. He said that he shouldn't have moved. This endless cycle of driving taxi is emotionally draining. This town is boring after 5pm. There is no night life and there are no friends. His best friend might be the wild rabbit we met. His daughters have expressed that they wanted to return to black land once their education is complete. Returning to black land will have a cost to pay:   His daughters' education is again useless in black land. Essentially, he felt fuckened.

This was not the first case I knew. There were many before him. I penned this down so that you can learn from this. I have met a carpenter, a construction worker, a social service provider, a refugee, an officer and etc. They were all ceos and major partners in their ex-home countries. They were powerful and iconic. White land really knows how to demoralize Asian / African folks and play their asses.

He then turned his attention to me. He asked me what am I doing? I said I am farmer. He asked did I do farming before. I replied in negation. He was perplexed. I then explained my direction to him. He said he could also follow my direction too as driving seems dead-ended. I smiled. I felt like a messiah. I then suggested that why not? We should cooperate and hunt in packs since we are all Asians. He said no. In his culture, even brothers cannot be trusted. So he can only cooperate with those whom he can at least trust. So fast already want to bite the hand that feeds him cute ideas and be a turncoat. I smiled and replied that the capital is excitingly extreme. He said he will try to pull all his resources together and see if he can do it. I smiled again. Such naivety. How can I be foolish enough to lay my battle plan in broad daylight for him on a silver platter, a complete stranger of 1/2-hour grace. If the battle plan is so simple, then he would have thought of it long long time ago, before I arrived. The fact that he didn't, speaks volume of his intellectual ability. His philosophy of life is weak, hence, his philosophy of business cannot be strong. I don't look down on others as I am also not too keen to compare nor compete. Such greed, due from poverty pants, clouds one's judgement. If a person's direction can be so easily swayed after 1/2-hour of chit-chat, how can he hope to survive white land.

Philosophy - The highest form of Thinking

When an immigrant first lands, he/she will be extremely lost. He will first try to get a full-time job. That job will not come. He has to do time such as volunteer or menial tasks. After a year or so, he will get a bit more contacts and that is when he can move a little more freely. Immigration is a slow and painful process. During this time, he will look for familiarity, he will find none, except for a few ex-countrymen who are also not too friendly and easy-going. He missed his ex-country food most. He will start to think if he could start an eatery to do ex-countrymen's business. He asks his wife if she can cook ex-country food. She not willing to disappoint him, reluctantly claims her greatness in cooking. They then start an ex-country food joint. But, the white land government-of-the-day is a clever government. They ensure that like the fucken old guy from that fucken little island, no ethnic groups other than the white folks can dominate the white land. Business is going to be bad due to the small market size. Frankly, who wants to eat chicken rice when they can have cheap beef steaks to eat. By the way, the extremely cheap and varying chinaman food is always a threat. It is also not helped by the poor food quality and freshness. In less than 2 years, all monies burnt and gone for good. They are now damn lost. Many gone home after that.

Philosophy is very important here. When you contemplate to start an eatery. You must first ask the question why? Not how, when, where, who or what. Why do you think you should start an eatery? Isn't there other business types? Before you answer the question, you should ask why do business in food industry? Before you answer the question, you should ask why do business as a retailer? Before you answer the question, you should ask why do business in service instead of products? Before you answer the question, you should ask why do business and not work for people? Before you answer the question, you should ask why are you in white land? Before you answer the question, you should ask why are you living in white land and not at that fucken little island?

Noticed you really need to start from the origin. It is at its origin that you can find your soul. The soul of life. The soul of living. Answer this fundamental question, you will finally be home.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Need To Boost Your ClickBank Commissions And Traffic?

    Bannerizer makes it easy for you to promote ClickBank products with banners, simply go to Bannerizer, and grab the banner codes for your chosen ClickBank products or use the Universal ClickBank Banner Rotator Tool to promote all of the available ClickBank products.

    ReplyDelete