Wednesday 13 November 2013

b.Exploration - Livestocks

The last part is here:   Happiness - A blessed Christmas 2012

It has almost been a year since I left the last chieftains' meeting. Now I am back, it felt so familiar and yet strange. Familiar in that I am now talking to them again. Strange in that a kind white once told me if I have not been in farming for 3 generations, I can't talk to them. Farming is a sacred operation reserved for their whites.

My land power is weak compared to them. But, strangely i felt they were weak too. The farmer who used to own 2000 acres talked to me about a joint venture. He now has only 500 acres. A far cry from his hay days. He wanted me to invest in some of his heifers. A heifer costs about $3,000 and lives 20 years. Over a little year to go, she would give birth to a calf. If the calf was good stuff, the calf could fetch a couple of thousands, else the calf would be worth only $1,000 for meat. I would minimum get back half of the collection. He would supply the land, care and feed. Quite an interesting proposition.

But, he has forgotten that I am a yellowskin. A yellowskin is very cunning. For an investment of $3,000 per pop and get back only $500 per year is too slow for me. I then ask him what happen if the cow dies? He said this is the risk I must take. I smiled and suggested that we must meet in the future at his farm. He proudly declared his farm as extremely valuable. I should consider hard. I smiled again as I don't wish to shock him with my land power. This depression indeed has bitten him badly. My thousands would perhaps be able to start a splash every time.

The whites are stuck in that they have very bad access to the world export market. They were controlled by the co-operatives that run the white land. Sounds familiar? I will discuss this in the next essay. Right now, I need to prepare for the chieftains' ring meeting. My power is proving to be strong in the force. In fact, I was surprised by the new turn-of-event.

No comments:

Post a Comment