Monday 2 June 2014

b.A Home an Investment?

The last part is here:   A Property is a Property is a Property

Years ago, I made one of the most stupid mistakes on earth:   I listened to the garmen.

The garmen told me that a property, not only can be a home, it could also be an investment. So I went to buy a house and I lived in it. A few years later, my house has appreciated in value and I also got a promotion. The banker told me that I am worth it.

I bought a bigger house and I stayed in it. I not only got a bigger house, my net worth has gone up by a quantum. This net worth could never be saved by me throughout my lifetime. My instalments were paid for by my salary. I was brilliant.

Another few years later, I again got a promotion. My banker once again told me the same fairy tale that I am worth it. I again bought a bigger house and I stayed in it. I not only got a bigger house, my net worth has gone up by a quantum. This net worth could never be saved by me throughout my lifetime. My instalments were paid for by my salary. I was brilliant.

Suddenly, I was retrenched. The banker told me that I am not as worthy as before. He has no choice but to fire-sale my beautiful house. Over-night I was left with nothing. I was stupid.

A home unfortunately is not for gamble. It is never an investment. It is the base camp and solace of the heart.

In the home, one can purchase the most expensive fittings and fix the most beautiful bathroom. It is never too expensive. But, one can't do the same for investment properties.

How I wish I learn earlier this expensive lesson.

Lotus suddenly called me today and announced that my home is now ready for occupation. I swallowed my saliva hard. Could I manage more than one home?

No comments:

Post a Comment