Tuesday 20 August 2013

p.早知今日事, 悔不慎当初。

The last part is here:   醉卧沙场君莫笑,古来征战几人回?

The guy from a little island today tried to win me back by giving me things for free and in lieu. The value of these things may or may not be greater than his rescinded contract. It is no longer important in my eyes. The value lies in the trust and honour. A non-monetary contract once agreed must be honoured.

A business empire is never built in a single day. When will a business be called a business empire? It is only when it is big and it has gone through many rounds of pain. For each growth, it must be nourished by trusted lieutenants. Without these trusted lieutenants, the business can never be a business empire. Each lieutenant is both an important ring of power and an indigenous member of inner circle.

早知今日事, 悔不慎当初。

This is not a zero-sum game. We have both lost. I have lost time and some money. But, since I can afford to walk away. He would be a fragment worse off as his option is limited; he now cannot foresee his future as being independent. I am afraid he is now on his own. I cannot help him anymore. I have lost my trust in him. He no longer wins my time. I would not be able to spare my time or money with him. Sorry.

一身转战三千里, 一剑曾挡百万师。

No comments:

Post a Comment