Sunday 25 August 2013

p.Show - Lord of the Ring Trilogy (con't)

The last part is here:   Show - Lord of the Ring Trilogy

Wow ... Just finished the 12-hour LOTR trilogy marathon. It is so heart-warming. I usually watched this trilogy once every 4-5 years.

It is a story about small people. It is so English. It always remind me of my days in England. It was care-free. It was original. Tolkien is such a friend. His writing is so me. Of course, I was only just his very late English mate. I can never write like him. lol ... He has gone through war. I didn't.

This English stint actually pulled me away from seeking money. But, it still took me decades to recover from the evil poison I was administered at a very tender age.

Even now as I venture into the brave new world. I still face reminiscence of the old poison amongst the people I engaged.

只要有人,就有恩怨! 有恩怨,就有江湖! 人就是江湖,你怎麼退出啊?!

I guess I will always try to protect my heart from being hurt. There will always be occasional sadness. But, I will learn along the way that all these hurts don't define me.

Then to whom should I trust? Well ... I will learn to love the people that are true to me unless they proved to turn-coat later. I will always give my all to any one new and hold nothing back. If they then choose to look down on me like a silly clown who loves so easily and blindly, I will then leave silently in the dark of the night. No fanfare, no fuss, no revenge and no rejection. It is very interesting to know that people don't like to take rejections, but yet they always administer rejections to others as easy as a drop of a pin. They don't know that every rejection carries pain. Once the guy is hurt by the pain of rejection, how can he hope to still be forever forgiving and overlook that pain of rejection? He is after all just a poor soul, trying to ply his trade and work his grindstone. He can't be that different from anyone else.

Merchant of Venice, Shylock's famous quote:
I am a Jew. Hath not a Jew eyes? Hath not a Jew hands, organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions; fed with the same food, hurt with the same weapons, subject to the same diseases, healed by the same means, warmed and cooled by the same winter and summer as a Christian is? If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that. If a Jew wrong a Christian, what is his humility? Revenge. If a Christian wrong a Jew, what should his sufferance be by Christian example? Why, revenge. The villainy you teach me I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. 

If given a choice, I beg you never to hurt a soul. There's nothing in you that is so low that you must make revenge. You are too noble to lose your mind over such trivialities. Deal with those that will love you back. Isn't this a simpler strategy to work at? In exchange, your lump of bitterness within your throat will go away faster. You will heal faster. You will feel free again.

I knew nine out of my ten encounters will end up in bitterness, then should I change my strategy? The answer is NO. I live happy that out of every ten encounters, I will always find someone who will love me back. That is already good enough excuse to celebrate life.

If you have not watch the show ... do try it ... it is indeed a rare treat ...

No comments:

Post a Comment