Sunday 14 July 2013

b.Land - The Waterfall

The last parts are here:   Land - The Future (Part 3 of 4)   and   Passion business I - The Way

A friend once asked me what so special about the waterfall? Why must I try so hard to get it?

I smiled. She is wise beyond her tender years.

High quality water resources are going to be extremely limited in years to come. Whosoever clings on to one is going to make him immensely powerful. Of course, I am not going to try to bottle that water as mineral water and sell. That would be the most silly idea on earth.

The quality of wine must come from 3 things:   yeast, fruit/grain and water. There are others but mostly can be resolved using shipments and technologies. Good yeast can be cultivated through careful selection and science, so it is not an issue. Good fruit/grain can be imported or planted in good soil, again this is also not an issue. But, water is not as portable. The moment water is bottled and shipped, its very essence is changed permanently. Therefore, water has to be fresh. Not only fresh, but correctly balanced with nature. It must not be heated, cooled or played with. It must naturally flow into the fermenters as wholesome as possible. Any playing around will not produce the right balance and the wine will never be good.

Finally, the barrels that contain the wine for aging would either be oak or redwood, which I can easily plant or harvest them in my land. So no issue.

I wish that it would not be too expensive to get my hand on a land that contains a waterfall. Not only just a waterfall, but one that produces harmonized water from the sky.

There is however an alternative: underground mineral water in between granite layers. Unless and otherwise I have no choice, I still believe in my first choice: the Waterfall. I can still vividly remember the sweet heavenly taste of mountain water from the lake district of England during my more tender and adventurous years.

I do really hope within my lifetime I will get a waterfall. That's a promise to my name-sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment